Whether you're new to digital photography or a seasoned shooter, this latest edition of Ben Long's popular guide is your one-stop resource for advice and clear how-to information on every aspect of digital photography, from shooting to postproduction to printing.
COMPLETE DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY, SEVENTH EDITION starts with the basics; no prior knowledge of photography is needed. By the end of the book, you'll have a deep understanding of the art and technology of photography and be ready to tackle complex photographic challenges.
Among the many essential elements of digital photography covered are:
• Extensive details of the camera's controls.
• In-depth tutorials on the ins and outs of exposure.
• Detailed chapters on seeing, composition, and the "artistry" of photography.
• Full instruction in how to craft a post-production workflow that works for you.
• Tutorials on all the essentials of image editing, from raw processing to retouching.
• Full coverage of printing and output.
Photographer Ben Long brings his extensive experience to bear, helping you over conceptual hurdles and leading you to a clear understanding of how to take great photos. With this book in hand, you will master the equipment, the process, and the art of digital photography.