Lonely Planet Africa is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Take a refreshing dip at Victoria Falls, explore the ancient pyramids of Egypt, or take a walking safari in South Luangwa National Park; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Africa and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Africa Travel Guide:
1. Colour maps and images throughout
2. Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
3. Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
4. Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
5. Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
6. Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including history, local customs, music and wildlife
7. Over 235 maps
8. Useful features - including Month by Month (annual festival calendar), Itineraries (suggested routes that maximise your time and money), and Planning Safaris
9. Coverage of Botswana, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Egypt, the Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Africa, our most comprehensive guide to Africa, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
• Looking for just a few of the destinations included in this guide? Check out the relevant Lonely Planet Country Guides or Regional Guides, such as Lonely Planet Morocco or Lonely Planet Southern Africa.