Teach Yourself Complete French
Nuria Ranking: #23 in Dictionaries & References
Do you want to develop a solid understanding of French and communicate confidently with others?
Through authentic conversations, vocabulary building, grammar explanations and extensive practice and review, Complete French will equip you with the skills you need to use French in a variety of settings and situations, developing your cultural awareness along the way.
What will I achieve by the end of the course?
By the end of Complete French you will have a solid intermediate-level* grounding in the four key skills – reading, writing, speaking and listening – and be able to communicate with confidence and accuracy.
Is this course for me?
If you want to move confidently from beginner to intermediate level, this is the course for you. It’s perfect for the self-study learner, with a one-to-one tutor, or for the beginner classroom. It can also be used as a refresher course.
What do I get?
• 25 learning units plus verbs reference and word glossary and revision section
• Discovery Method – figure out rules and patterns to make the language stick
• Teaches the key skills – reading, writing, listening, and speaking
• Learn to learn – tips and skills on how to be a better language learner
• Culture notes – learn about the people and places of France
• Outcomes-based learning – focus your studies with clear aims
• Authentic listening activities – everyday conversations give you a flavour of real spoken French
• Test Yourself – see and track your own progress
*Complete French maps from A1 Beginner to B1/B2 Upper Intermediate level of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) and Novice Low to Advanced Low level proficiency of ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) guidelines.
This pack includes a full-color book and two CDs of audio material. This title can also be used in conjunction with the French Teach Yourself Languages Online course