The Art of the Good Life by Rolf Dobelli
Nuria Ranking: #833 in Self Help & Motivation
The indispensable new work from the author of the international and Sunday Times bestseller The Art of Thinking Clearly
Have you ever…
• Spent too long on a PowerPoint presentation?
• Lost sight of what makes you happy?
• Failed to reach a long-term goal?
• Become infuriated by queuing, tax or parking tickets?
• Broken a promise you knew you’d keep?
Since the dawn of civilization, we’ve been asking ourselves what it means to live a good life: how should I live, what will truly make be happy, how much should I earn, how should I spend my time? In the absence of a single simple answer, what we need is a toolkit of mental models, a guide to practical living.
In The Art of the Good Life, you’ll find fifty-two intellectual shortcuts for wiser thinking and better decisions, at home and at work. They may not guarantee you a good life, but they’ll give you a better chance.