The Vagina Bible: The Vulva and the Vagina - Separating the Myth from the Medicine
Does eating sugar cause yeast infections? Does pubic hair have a function?
Should you have a vulvovaginal care regimen?
Will your vagina shrivel up if you go without sex?
What's the truth about the HPV vaccine?
So many important questions, so much convincing, confusing, contradictory misinformation! In this age of click bait, pseudoscience, and celebrity-endorsed products, it's easy to be overwhelmed--whether it's websites, advice from well-meaning friends, uneducated partners, and even healthcare providers. So how do you separate facts from fiction?
OB-GYN Jen Gunter, an expert on women's health--and the internet's most popular go-to doc--comes to the rescue with a book that debunks the myths and educates and empowers women. From reproductive health to the impact of antibiotics and probiotics, and the latest trends, including vaginal steaming, vaginal marijuana products, and jade eggs, Gunter takes us on a factual, fun-filled journey. Discover the truth about:
- The vaginal microbiome
- Genital hygiene, lubricants, and hormone myths and fallacies
- How diet impacts vaginal health
- Stem cells and the vagina
- Cosmetic vaginal surgery
- What changes to expect during pregnancy, after childbirth, and through menopause
- How medicine fails women by dismissing symptoms
- Thongs vs. lace: the best underwear for vaginal health
- How to select a tampon
- The full glory of the clitoris and the myth of the G Spot
... And so much more. Whether you're a twenty-six-year-old worried that her labia are "uncool" or a sixty-six-year-old dealing with painful sex, this comprehensive guide is sure to become a lifelong trusted resource.